Recreational Dance Classes
We offer a variety of dance classes for students new and seasoned in the art of dance! Come join us for a ballet, jazz, acro, contemporary, tap, hip hop, musical theatre or technique class! All but a few classes participate in our end of the school year Spring Showcase performance. Email email@example.com for questions regarding class placements. You can find more details in our class descriptions.
Metro Dance Academy Director
Welcome to Metro Dance Academy! My name is Ryan Sanford Director of the dance studio. Please take a moment to look through our site and see what we have to offer. With dance classes ranging in age, level and style, there’s sure to be something just right for your dancer!
- We have a cubby area inside each studio to put your belongings into; street shoes, socks, dance bag and coat.
- Have your dancer ready in their appropriate class attire (see Dress Code) and hair pulled up and away from the face, and all jewelry removed.
- All students stand outside of Studio 1 or 2 clear of the door and wait for the instructor to invite them in to begin the class.
- Tiny dance program is designed to enhance your child’s motor, listening and social skills through dance activities.
- All classes begin with a warm-up dependent on each dance style. When finished the instructor will lead the students through stationary dance combinations and/or across the floor progressions dependent on that dance style.
- Classes participating in the Spring Showcase performance will begin learning choreography for a 2 minute routine beginning in January.
- When class is over the instructor will gather the group to line up for release and stamp/sticker time depending on the age group of the class.
- We have a parent viewing area outside of both studios for you to watch from.
- Most of our Rec Dancers come for their fun dance classes one to two times per week and you are always welcome to enroll into multiple classes or choose an unlimited option.